Jan 15, 2010

TGIF

Most weeks are actually fun cruising through, but occasionally I have a week I'm just really glad to put behind me. This one is shaping up to be one of those, so I'm truly grateful it's Friday. (It IS Friday, isn't it?)

Winter finally loosened its icy grip on the South, and we're back to daytime temperatures in the 40s and 50s. It seems almost balmy outside! I happily queued up with every other self-respecting 'boro resident to wash my car yesterday, and was very thankful for the new Super Speed Wash that opened near us, complete with free, unlimited vacuuming. The car is shiny outside and relatively clean inside - hooray!

The final BHS swim meet for 2009/2010 was last night, and our frosh swimmer did awesome, especially in her 100-meter breast stroke event, giving the upperclassmen a real run for their money. I also got to catch up with some friends in Lebanon, whose daughters also swim...it's hard to believe we all have kids in high school (and beyond) these days.

Tomorrow is our annual "reveal" meeting for the Highland Heights Secret Sisters (it was postponed last week due to the cold and snow that lingered.) Amy W. and Courtney D. have done an amazing job of getting members involved in this group, and it has grown and flourished under their super-organized and enthusiastic nurturing. I'm excited to find out who my secret sister has been; I know I have been blessed by her prayers and notes of encouragement throughout this past year. I'm also grateful for the opportunity I've had to get to know my "sister" better over this past year while thinking of her and praying for her and her sweet family.

I think I'll make the hot chicken salad (mine is pretty similar, but I add a bit of cream cheese, and use potato chips instead of corn flakes) that I was planning to carry last week. For dinner I'll try my hand at pan pizzas like these. My family loves pizza, and they say they like my homemade pizza, but I'm always looking for a better crust recipe. We'll see how this one goes.