Jan 3, 2011

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

Not sure where the last couple weeks went.  The days flew by, as we kicked off the holidays by keeping Sadie-the-grandpuppy the weekend of our anniversary, then I put Mr. Official in the hospital for a few days, springing him just in time to enjoy a whirlwind visit with the 'rents.  We celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas as usual, quietly rang in 2011, then tucked away the Christmas decorations for another year. And here we are, back to our post-holiday daily routine.

I freely admit January is my least-favorite month of the year: it's cold and bleak outside and the house always seems a little empty and forlorn once the decorations are tucked away. But a clean slate can be a good thing: it gives me a chance to evaluate our surroundings (and consider moving furniture, cleaning and organizing, or painting something...anything); look for new recipes to try, get busy keeping my new year's resolutions and start building up my running times again.

This week also holds the promise of something new and exciting for our family. But...we're not quite ready to share any specifics with the world.  (Sorry, I know it's not nice to tease.)  If the next few weeks go smoothly, you'll probably hear our shouts of joy, no matter where you are.

In the meantime, I'll focus on each day, relish it for all it's worth, and start counting down the days to spring.

Happy Monday