Feb 14, 2011

I'll be yours. Will you be mine?

To my husband...

Will you be my valentine again this year?
Please say yes.

I can't imagine a better husband, friend and father to our children.

Through thick and thin, you've steered our family's course and kept your eyes on what's most important.

We share a quirky sense of humor and you can make me laugh with a single word from an old joke.

When you became a father, you sought God and grew into the spiritual head of our family.

You've been our protector and provider, keeping us safe, comfortable and well-supplied with every need and most of our wants.

You play Santa better than anybody I know.

You are a strong and wonderful father, while showing our children how to have fun being their dad.

You compliment my cooking and cleaning efforts, and never complain when I am domestically challenged.  Not even when the laundry fairy goes AWOL.

You somehow manage to always have my back while giving me space to grow and be my own person.
I feel cherished and special and loved by you every day of the year.

It's too bad our society thinks the flowers and chocolates are meant for girls, because guys like you should be spoiled rotten on holidays like this.  I am thrilled to be your valentine every year.

Happy valentine's day!