Oct 15, 2011

A force to be reckoned with

Like a lot of you, I have started dabbling in Pinterest.   I have solemnly promised myself it will remain merely dabbling; I am a dilettante, after all.   And I can see where it could become an obsession, so I try to limit myself to a few minutes of exposure a day, and I only pin or re-pin things I actually LOVE or really plan to try (and so far, I've test-driven three recipes I pinned; others are on deck and warming up.)

Anyway.  The other day I was nosing around a quote someone had pinned and clicked through to the underlying website, which led me to this quote.  (Well, the first one  I found was stated a little more...ummmm...."baldly," so then I hunted around for a tamer version, until I found this one):


I mentioned it in passing to swimmer girl.  Actually we were passing time waiting to drop her off at school. (Sidebar: yes, the search for a new-to-me SUV is still underway.  I think we're getting closer to commitment.  Until then, I get to enjoy a few minutes of her time before and after school.)

We tossed around a few ideas on exactly what the quote meant.  Is it a compliment?  Or a criticism?  Or both?  I prefer to think it describes women whose faith and works are completely antithetical to Satan's.   I hope my days are spent looking for and championing the good in people, and sharing my faith, to the point that the evil one is worn slam out at the end of every day.

I told swimmer girl I thought she was already a force to be reckoned with, even at her young age.  She smiled and said I thought I was, too.

Are you, too?  I hope so! 

If you're in my neck of the woods, look for me in Bell Buckle this morning.  It's the 35th annual Webb School arts and crafts fair.  I'm hoping Derek and the boys do better without me in Knoxville than they did last week with me in the crowd.  Go Vols!!!!

Happy Saturday,



Print Friendly and PDF