Dec 6, 2010

Holiday Sprint Week 6: How Sweet it is!

The tree in the den is up, the weather has turned cold, and if that's not enough, the calendar declares it is time for confecting to commence.

Yes, that is a real word, so bring on the baking and candy making. Middle child's eyes lit up when he saw the towering stack of pecan and walnut bags on the counter a couple weeks ago. He knows it means major snackage is coming. It's no wonder this is called the most wonderful time of the year.

I have always loved baking, and Christmas is the perfect excuse to make an unholy amount of sweet treats to share. Not your run-of-the-mill cookies, these are once-a-year treats, made with love using recipes handed down from family and friends.  If I play my cards right, I can optimize the use of my kitchen appliances and oven to keep everything moving assembly-line style and have it all "in the can" in short order.

This Wednesday I'll post a few of my all-time favorite holiday recipes, and I hope you and yours enjoy them if you try them out.

Happy confecting,