Dec 27, 2010

Preparing for my introduction to Trader Joe's

Confession time:  I have never been to a Trader Joe's.

Quite honestly, I have no idea how I've lived in the Nashville area for ten years and ignored the delicious fact there's one just a hop, skip and jump from me.   It's time to rectify the situation.  I have a list of "must-buy" items recommended by my fellow foodies over at Dave's Garden.  I think it takes a special breed of person to get excited about grocery shopping...and I would count myself among that breed.

So instead of battling the after-Christmas bargain shoppers for markdowns, we're headed to Green Hills to see if this legendary grocer lives up to its reputation among its loyal customers.  Pumpernickel pretzels, green tea mints and organic pasta sauce, here we come!

Happy Monday,