Dec 30, 2010

Happy birthday, baby blog!

A year ago today, I launched the Domestic Dilettante with this post.  In the 365 days that followed, I changed up my blog background and header five times.  And I found - more days than not - something to say:  190 posts and counting.  (Big surprise there, huh?)

If only I could settle on a permanent background and image...
It's been a fun year of learning the ins and outs of blogging.  If you are one of my lurker/readers (I know who MOST of you are), I will tell you what I wished for when I blew out that virtual candle below; hopefully it won't jinx me. 

It was two wishes, actually:
  1. That you enjoy reading about my escapades and tidbits of half-baked wit and wisdom; and 
  2. More of you will show your "faces" here.  Or at least comment on a post now and then.  (I love hearing from you, too!)
More seriously, my biggest wish is for another year of God's grace and mercy and wisdom to pour down on all of us; for His help and comfort in our times of need; and that He will provide us with opportunities to help others in the coming days and weeks and months.

Happy blogging,