Last year, I made a list of new year's resolutions here, and here's how I did on them:
- Showing more hospitality. I wasn't quite as consistent month-to-month as I wanted to be, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with my efforts on this one - we had several dinners with friends and family, and I opened my home to two big group activities, so I'd call this resolution one that I successfully kept.
- Running the race. Despite a few setbacks, I have stuck with running for another year, and I'm looking forward to logging more miles this year. Still nowhere near ready for a half-marathon, though.
- Becoming more purposeful. Argh. This is hard to do, and really hard to objectively measure. Some days were better than others, and I think I can say I put more effort into attempting to be truly purposeful and careful with my time. I still have lots of room for improvement, though.
- Becoming more prayerful. Wish I could say I nailed this one, but God knows this is one I struggle with. I think I struggle most with trying to do things on my own instead of giving them to Him to handle, which means I hold off approaching Him until I feel I've got everything under control (which doesn't always happen.) I don't know why I think He expects me to have (or even get) my act together - He knows me better than anybody else!
- Reading the Bible through. I am most disappointed in myself on this one, because I just plain didn't make this a high priority. I definitely need a do-over on this one.
Happy new year!