Dec 14, 2010

My Desk: The Final Frontier

After all my blogging, errr, bragging, okay bloviating about my clean desk earlier this fall, I confess I let it slowly slide back into a slovenly mess, starting around fall break, when my docking station (and monitor) crashed.  Day by day, the detritus built back up a little at a time (I think the paper critters breed at night when we're asleep.)  You can say it - you knew it all along, didn't you? When I stopped the weekly updates, that was the beginning of the end.  It was indeed.

But the perfect storm brewed today:  a missing bill, the approaching holidays and getting the tree up in the bonus room swirled around me until I finally took time to whip it back into shape.  And now, with heartfelt apologies to Johnny Nash, my clean desk put me in mind of his single, "I Can See Clearly Now"...with a twist.
I can see clearly now, the clutter's gone,
I can see all the projects lined out for me...
Gone is the junk mail that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sunshine-y day.

I think I can make it now, the catalogs are filed,
All the expired coupons have disappeared
Here is the tidiness I've been prayin' for
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sunshine-y day.

Look all around, there's nothin' but clear desk
Look straight ahead, nothin' but clear deskkkkkkkkkk....

I can see clearly now the clutter's gone,
I can see all the dates on my calendar...
Gone is the tower of papers that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sunshine-y day.
Admit it - you're humming, aren't you?  Not sure it's gonna be a sunshine-y day, but there's a little ray of sunshine beaming down on my clear desk blotter right now.  Because I found the bill.  And I still have a few days to get it paid. Ahhhhhh.


Happy organizing