Jun 13, 2011

'Tis the season

No, not THAT season. Not yet. (But I did find myself with the "We Need a Little Christmas" tune stuck in my head as I was moving Christmas decorations from old house to new house.)

No, this marks the beginning of a new season of....
Hospitality (hos-pi-tal-i-tee)
–noun
1. the friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers.
2.the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way.

Arguably, hospitality is always in season, but I put dinner parties and other social events on the backburner as we house hunted and moved our belongings.  After a long dry spell, it's time to start opening our doors to friends and neighbors and family once again.

Over the next few weeks, I've lined up Bunco night for the girls, and come-and-go housewarming parties for two big groups of friends and family. Later in the summer, I'm having our Secret Sisters group over for a brunch.  Before summer slips away, I may be able to squeeze in a few other shindigs here as well. 

Mr. Official's man-cave is starting to look like a prime spot for race- and game-day gatherings this fall and next winter.

We're down to host a devo in November - which will be here before we know it.  Hopefully by then we'll have broken in this place properly with lots of gatherings, both big and small, because hospitality shouldn't be limited to one particular time of year.

Happy host- and hostess-ing!