Nov 26, 2010

The things we do for love

Just like the old 10cc song.

I love my husband (aka Mr. Official), and he loves football. So this Black Friday morning I arose before 4:30 a.m., just like many other women. But I wasn't headed out to find the Christmas bargains and drag them back to the cave. No, I was getting up to drive 50 miles and take him to the airport so he could catch a flight back to Nashville.

It's Friday, do you know where your husband will be tonight? I do - mine will be on a high school football field, wearing black and white. Tonight he will be in South Pittsburg, home of Lodge Cookware, the folks who make that wonderful dutch oven I got for my birthday.  (I love to cook, and Mr. Official loves me, so it seems we all have things we do for love.)

This is the first year he's gotten a state semi-final game.  While I would love to have him with us for the entire holiday weekend (and have him share the drive home on Sunday), I'm proud for him and I'm happy he's doing what he loves to do.

Happy Friday,